New details on set; hi-res images obtained

Poking around the Web this morning, I stumbled across the official press release (and even high resolution images!) by the Rockwell Group about the set for Sunday's ceremony, which I discussed yesterday in a post (see here).

Some more details I learned:
  • David Rockwell is the first architect to design an Oscar set

  • Designed to "create an atmosphere of an elegant party rather than a formal gathering"

  • Twelve "transforming sets" depicted throughout the night

  • Peninsula part of stage ("thrust stage") will have four steps between the sage and seating level in order to bring presenters closer to audience

  • Stage floor will be "an abstract floral pattern referencing the curve of the thrust stage"

Here are the images I found (click for larger view):
Above and to the right is the picture used on the cover of Sunday's New York Times Arts&Leisure cover. 

Above is a picture I have not seen anywhere else; it depicts eight different settings for the stage, including semi-schematics for how screens, curtains, etc. fly in from the wings and rafters. Looks a little bland to me, but we'll see the real thing come Sunday.


Any thoughts on the set, or any other Oscar news? Leave me a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online document creation in a Flash

Recent Star cuts represent growing trend

Week one in Chautauqua